- Dodano: piątek 15 czerwca 2012
Fisheries Local Action Group Kaszuby (FLAG Kaszuby)
Fisheries Local Action Group Kaszuby (FLAG Kaszuby) that covers in its scope of activities seven communities from the kartuski province, i.e. Communes of Kartuzy, Przodkowo, Somonino, Chmielno, Stężyca, Sulęczyno and Sierakowice, acquired under Priority Axis 4 – Sustainable Development of Areas Dependent on Fishing, included in Operational Programme “Sustainable Development of the Fisheries Sector and Coastal Fishing Areas in 2007-2013”, financial resources in the amount exceeding PLN 42 mio for implementation of The Local Strategy for Development of Fishing Areas.
Local Strategy for Development of Fishing Areas (LSROR)
Local Strategy for Development of Fishing Areas (LSROR) indicates main directions for the development of the area of Fisheries Local Action Group Kaszuby. Major objective of LGR’s strategy is to: increase social and economic cohesion of the area of FLAG Kaszuby, with maintenance of sustainable development principle, and thus improvement of residents’ quality of life as well as the quality of environment.
Objectives of LSROR
General objective no. 1
Stopping the process of degradation of waters’ ecosystem as well as the area of waters’ immediate sub-basin.
General objective no. 2
Preservation of the fishing nature of the area of LGR Kaszuby.
General objective no. 3
Sustainable development of the area of LGR Kaszuby and improvement of quality of life and environment.
FLAG Kaszuby places particular emphasis, among others, on:
- limiting the process of waters contamination
- establishment of the waters’ ecosystem monitoring system and increasing environmental awareness among the residents, opinion-forming circles and tourists
- promotion of the area covered in LSROR
- protection of fishing tradition and cultural heritage of the Kaszuby region development of infrastructure that contributes to improvement of residents’ quality of life
- increasing tourist attractiveness of the area
- development of the sector of services for the community of FLAG Kaszuby
Examples of the activities for which it is possible to obtain financial support under LSROR from the funds of OP FISHERIES 2007–2013 include:
- starting and developing business activities
- irrigation-related investments
- organizing interest circles for children and youth
- development, renovation and reconstruction of small tourist infrastructure, including but not limited to a harbour, bathing beach, beauty spots/viewing areas, fishing grounds for anglers
- regeneration of towns in result of execution of operations consisting, in particular, in renovation of parking lots, pavements, parks, green areas, cycle lanes
- adjusting tourist or leisure-sport facilities to the needs of people with disabilities
- reorganisation or reorientation of business activities or diversification in the employment of persons having a job related to fishing sector.
All the residents from the area of FLAG Kaszuby as well as persons from outside of this area who want to implement projects on the area covered with LSROR may apply for co-financing for execution of operations. Projects’ beneficiaries may be, among others: entrepreneurs, non-governmental organisations and local government units. Catalogue of applicants is open.
Actions taken by FLAG Kaszuby related to implementation of LSROR are among others:
- information meetings and sessions
- mobilizing activities
- promotional and cultural meetings
The highest point in the area of FLAG Kaszuby is the hill Wieżyca, at 329 m. above sea level. There are many lakes here where we can find highly valued fish species such as pike, eel, bream and perch. Apart from the lakes the most valuable natural and landscape resource of the area of FLAG Kaszuby are the forests that fulfil very important social functions: they have beneficial effects on our health and provide many leisure opportunities. The most valuable form of environmental protection in the area of FLAG Kaszuby is the Natural Landscape Park of the Kaszuby Region (original name: Kaszubski Park Krajobrazowy) which ensures protection of its natural, cultural and landscape resources. In addition to the Natural Landscape Park of the Kaszuby Region especially significant in terms of environmental protection are the areas located entirely or partially in the area of FLAG which are classified under the European Ecological Network NATURE 2000. This region is connected with fishery which has been one of the main activities taken by the residents of these areas since oldest times. For ages the traditional fishing activities have been the source of income for many families. Fishing is a long-lasting element of the culture of the Kaszuby region which is visible in the literature, painting and music. Cultural cohesion of the area of FLAG Kaszuby is based on centuries-old tradition related to Kashubian ceramics, embroidery, sculpture, glass painting and community of Kashubian language.
Lokalna Grupa Rybacka Kaszuby
Telefon: + 48 58 684 35 80,
Fax: + 48 58 684 35 80
President of Kaszuby FLAG
Telefon: +48 58 684 38 14
Telefon: +48 533 500 541